Monday, February 19

Tea vs Coffee

So I've recently started a new addiction. I'm not talking about Heroes this time, I'm actually referring to my new Tea addiction. Over the Christmas break my whole family was drinking tea and Ruston7 drinks tea as well so I thought why not... I can learn right. I learned to drink coffee fairly fast. Tonight I'm trying Earl Grey for the first time. Its not bad actually... its one of the ones that I would add milk to tho.

In comparing tea and coffee they each have their strong points... like coffee obviously has major props for the caffeine factor. It's a definite pick me up in the morning and it has this ... deep down warm feeling about it, once you put the right amount of sugar in. It also carries with it the cool factor, the grown up university student factor. The negative is theres not much to it... coffee is coffee and it doesn't vary TOO much with the exception of some flavoring.

Tea on the other hand has SO much flavor and its just so good sometimes. My favorite part is there so much out there to try. With slight variations of sugar/honey/milk you can make it taste totally different. Awesome point number 2 its cheap. like, super cheap. If I bring my own cup and tea bag I can get a hot tea for free at the school any time I want. Hot water is free folks. The downside is that there isn't much of a kick there... not nearly enough caffeine to be functional.

Theres no real point to this argument. I just thought I would voice my opinions about them both. It was mostly sparked from a conversation that included the following...

"Coffee is like a hooker that you can have a good time with, but you gotta put a lot of make up on it, where as tea like that casual friend you have that isn't that good in bed, but she's just pretty cute" -- Ruston7

Additional Random Quotes:
  • "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of Saturday Night Fever... do it John.. do it" - Tyler
  • "I have to strut out of here now... " - John
  • "SO High five worthy!" - Janna

1 comment:

Patrick Gibson said...

Green Tea FTW!