Friday, March 31

Location, Location, Location

So I have recieved word that I am in fact going to have to find my own place to live. That is a little scary and kind of crazy! Transportation is available... there is a great bike shop around Mountain View apperently. Its going to be interesting trying to look presentable after biking 20 minutes to work in California heat. I'm sure that would make a great impression.

So I am apartment hunting from three time zones away. And it ain't cheap. So now I need to know how much I'm getting paid (if at all). Can I afford to have an apartment and rent a bed? All in all, I would love to work it so that I could break even at the end of the internship. But some of the studio apartments fully furnished... about $100 a day. Compared to my current 250 a month.

Everyone is so excited for me. The whole university knows, which is a little intimidating but cool none the less. I'm trying my best not to be completly overwhelmed all the time. And I'm also trying to actually do some work for ITS while I'm still being paid to work for them.

No comments: