Monday, November 6

Mondays are Painful

Currently sitting in class... I know, I should be paying attention, but I'm not. My first three years of University I couldn't do something like this. I just didn't have the resources, where I would be in class and typing away with all my daily distractions right in front to me. Including hours of fun... MSN (and other IMs). You could say that I could leave my Lappy at home and pay attention... but then Lappy isn't living up to its full potential. It would just get used to sucking power from the wall and might as well be a desktop. I love my desktop I really do, it forces me to get away from it, and it forces me to give my eyes a break when my back can't take sitting in the chair anymore. [I have noticed a sever increase in headaches recently] But there's added convenience's with the Lappy... like being able to check email in some classes. But more importantly with Lappy I get to spend more time with Michelle and Tyler in the living room. Cause I can do work or pretend to do work there, however allows me to become addicted to more tv shows and procrastinate more. I'll still be keeping my desktop and just expanding the addiction to the lappy. Yay.

30 minutes of this class left.

This past weekend... There were some incredibly geeky happenings going on. Friday evening... there was a Ruby presentation going on 6 - 7:30. It was good, gave a good overview. Then a group of us headed over to Nathans... I didn't play but everyone else sat down for a "friendly" game of Risk. 5 hours later they quit and we get to go home. Saturday was met with a lot of errands. And then people started showing up at about 6, mostly for hockey and beer. But a good time was had by me and the 4 guys, got into one of those deep theological conversations at the end of the night. I missed Michelle, but she had family things to do.

No comments: