Sunday, June 3

Point Form Stories

So I feel that I have too many stories about my pass weekend adventures and happenings to give them all justice so ... instead I will give none of them justice and write point form teasers of each and then IF you want to know more you have to let me know.

Symphony
  • Got tickets to go to the Play! Symphony
  • Miscommunication with the arrangements
    • Wrong cell numbers
  • Arrive at the wrong location
  • Finally arrive only to miss the first 3 minutes of the symphony.
  • Loved the rest of the show.
  • Tried to buy the CD but it was of a totally different show (thumbs down)

Sunday at Six Flags
  • Started to six flags at 8:00 (park opens at 10:30)
  • People are late and lost... finally on the road to six flags at 9:30.
  • Get about 2 miles from the park and join the line up that goes into parking.
  • Frantic phone calls and indecisiveness ensues
  • Changes lanes and heads towards Napa.
  • Mmm(mumm) Wine and trolley cars.
  • Close the Winery
  • Heading home and hitting traffic on a road without a median!
  • Hwy 29 to 37 to 580... no 980.... no 580... to 880.
  • Lost in Oakland. Don't make eye contact with the drug dealers outside the elementary school that has the bars on the windows.
  • 3 hours to get from Napa to San Jose.
Patrick Arrives!
  • I was supposed to pick Patrick up at 6pm but I went to napa instead
  • He missed his connection in LAX (a common occurrence for me)
  • Get Home from Napa at 9. Patrick Lands at 9:15
  • Break into his new apartment. (Nice place... not very secure tho)
  • Visit a real English Pub
Memorial Day
  • Sean, Patrick, Matt (Patrick's Roommate from MIT) and I give Pat an introduction to American/California Culture.
  • Visit
    • Chipotle
    • GameStop
    • Frys
    • Target
    • Safeway
  • Eat Steak! (very tasty)
  • Play Wii.
Google Happenings
  • Google had a very busy week
    • Streetview was released
    • Gears was released
    • FeedBurner was bought
    • Panoramio was bought
    • 1st Ever Global Developers Day
  • The Food was to die for!
    • Baby bay scallops by they bowlful. It was amazing.
  • Had Dinner with Brian since he was in town (starts Monday)
Friday Night
  • Date night!
  • Getting Lost
  • California Pizza Kitchen for dinner
    • Shrimp Scampi Pizza (mmmm!)
    • 2 for 1 by accident
  • Pirates of the Caribbean 3
    • LONG movie!
    • SO much stuff happening on the screen
    • Weird Ending
Santa Cruz Beach
  • Saturday, Sean, Patrick and I head towards Santa Cruz to the Beach / Boardwalk
  • Saw the Seals (you know ... ArpArpArp)
  • Sean went Swimming! Found the water a bit Salty
  • Spent (too much?) time in the Arcade
    • Played Tetris
    • Sean is awesome at Ms. PacMan!
  • Nice Drive out and back on the 17.
  • Lasagna for a Late dinner.
  • Scrabble with Sean, two Apple Interns and a Google Intern
  • Sean Kicked all of our asses. (Hes really smart)
Sigh... Thats all... Today I went shopping for a little and for a drive by myself. Then I ended the night at Panera were I like to blog and talk to people on the computer. Had a good conversation with my parents and Michelle. That was a really long post. I should go back and add links to things.... but I'm feeling Lazy right now and should be leaving soon. Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Janna - I am glad to see that you are getting out and about more this time!!! I am glad to hear you are having lots of fun!
xoxoox
J

Anonymous said...

Janna, How about a new post???
xoxox
J