Thursday, March 1

Oh California...

Currently in Panera listening to Pandora. Earlier I was drinking a delicious chai tea latte. Seems incredibly cliche but its still fun. I'm also trying to study for my 411 midterm. (seriously who has a midterm the first day after spring break) But I thought I would take a small break to post somethings about California and my spring break happenings.

The Prius Drinking Game - Every time you see a Toyota Prius you take a drink. Here in CA it is guaranteed to get you drunk faster than any game other drinking game... Kings included. They are simply everywhere here. While Sean and I were out for a walk we came up with the game, unfortunately (or fortunately) we didn't have anything to drink. If you think that this is too weak then just up the anti..... Drink every time you see a Hybrid car.

The "rain" - the weather here in the valley is the strangest phenomena ever. It has been in the teens (Celsius) all week here with random bouts of cloudiness, but in comparison to the negative degrees and snow that Windsor is getting... it is quite beautiful. I mean... I haven't wore my coat the entire time, mostly out of stubbornness. Every so often it "rains", which is really not rain and only lasts about 20 to 60 minutes before its sunny again. Even stranger is the locals reaction to... "this horrible weather"... that they are having.

Chinese Food - I have been spoiled for Chinese food. California is a food lovers paradise without a doubt. But I have been constantly amazed by the quality of the Chinese food here. Amazing portions and fantastic taste. And since I've started eating here I've become much more critical of my food, and Windsor Chinese just can't even come close.

On a random walk, we found "Singularity Ave" and thought that it would be a fun place to live.

Getting used to the TV schedule is a little weird. I had to watch Heroes, 3 hours after everyone back in Ontario did. But there are something that play at the same time. Like Discovery channel and Food network. These channels aren't really dependent on a time zone and usually play all the same shows 3 hours later anyways.

That's all that comes to mind right now. I can't believe its already Thursday, this week has gone by incredibly fast and I haven't got caught up on much of my school work. I suppose I still have at least one day in transit to do some work.

No comments: