Saturday, March 17

City vs Country Test

This test was found on facebook and we already know how I feel about facebook questionnaires...

HOW CITY ARE YOU?

[x] I've been to Starbucks more than once in my life
[] I link arms whenever I walk with someone
[x] I shop at AE, A&F, or HCO
[x] I own 2 or more polo shirts
[x] I will never be caught without my cellphone
[] I straighten or blow dry my hair on a daily basis
TOTAL: 4

[x] I wear flipflops no matter what the weather
[x] I own an oversized pair of sunglasses
[] I own 1 or more pairs of ripped jeans
[x] I layer my shirts
[] I will do anything to get the best Myspace pic
[] I had a "Myspace mirror pic"
TOTAL: 7

[] When I'm not drinking starbucks I prefer water
[] I get annoyed with tom-boys
[] I own an oversized bag or purse
[] I have seen every episode of Laguna Beach
[] My new addiction is 8th & Ocean or the Hills
[] I say "lol" in every sentence of every online conversation
[x] I own tight jeans
TOTAL: 8

[] I wear large necklaces
[x] I own an iPod/mp3 player
[x] The internet = survival
[x] one of the sports I play/played is Football, Baseball, Basketball
[] have more than 1 AIM screen name
TOTAL: 11

[x] I have said "lol" or "OMG!" in a real conversation
[x] I love shopping
[x] I shop whenever I have a chance
[] I own a bathing suit that cost 100 dollars or more
[] I have watched the Simple Life
TOTAL: 14

***add x's & Multiply By 3 & Put "I'm % City***

I AM 42% CITY

HOW COUNTRY ARE YOU?

HAVE YOU...

[x] ridden a horse
[x] owned a horse (a pony counts!)
[] owned land
[x] been 4 wheelin'
[x] said "ain't"
[] been cow-tipping
[] been deer hunting
[x] been swimming in a lake..
[] caught a fish
[] seen a deer get skinned
Total: 5

You ...
[x] have worked on a ranch or on land
[x] have lived in a house in the middle of nowhere
[] have been duck hunting
[] have went swimming in a river
[x] driven or have owned a truck
[] owned a rebel flag
[] like to fish
[x] have a funny accent... or thats what people tell you (Does Canadian accent Count?)
[x] own/owned a pair of cowboy boots
[x] own/owned a cowboy hat
[x] own/have owned a big dog..
[] sometimes say "y'all"
[] have gotten made fun of for sayin "y'all"
Total: 12

You also...
[x] cuss when you're mad
[] have dipped/dip snuff
[x] go to church on sunday
[] owned/own a hunting dog
[] have ridden a horse to somewhere in town
[x] have gone on a field trip to a farm/ranch
[x] have eaten deer/elk meat
[x] have shot a gun
[] always listen to country music
[x] park your vehicles in the yard
Total: 18

You...
[] have gone shopping...for a gun
[] get the kids in your family a toy gun for christmas
[] wear long sleeves even in the summer
[x] know what stirrups are
[] have fed the deer..
[x] know the difference between a guitar and a banjo
total: 20

***Add x's & Multiply By 3 & Put "I'm % Country**

I’m 60% Country

BUT actually a better representation of the % would be an actual precent since the numbers just don't add up. City and country don't have even close to the same amount of points.

City has 29 points ... I answered yes to 14 of them. == 48.3%
Country has 39 points ... I answered yes to 20 of them. == 51.3%

Its pretty cool that it looks like the numbers are related but really they are independent of each other, there is nothing stopping you from getting 100% in both.

The whole multiply times 3 thing doesn't even make sense... if you were really country and answered yes to everything you would be 117% country... which is just dumb.

I usually don't even read survey things like this but it seemed interesting enough, what it lead me to was that many people don't understand math even in basic concepts. I realize that this puts me out on a limb, by defending math I'm also showing my geeky side. But really, how many people can say that are comfortable with themselves. I love who I am and what I've become. A little country and a little city but a lot of geek. I not only celebrated pi day, I was one of the main organizers for the event. I've found a group of friends who not only accept me, but are like me as much as some of them may denie it. No one has as much fun as us.

Also. This test is very biased towards girls... particularly in the city section. But maybe that was the intention.

2 comments:

Vince said...

When I saw the "multiply by 3" thing, I was like, ummm... that's wrong, no way there was 1/3 of a question there. I guess the person making the "test" thought up more than 25 questions, but couldn't make it to 50.

Anonymous said...

do you think we are actually related??? I love you Janna, but that blog was a bit too whack for me!! ;)