Wednesday, October 25

More Midterms

Two more midterms down today...
and while most people are one their, mid-semester mind break (those few weeks between test) I don't have that luxury this semester. I've actually come to the realization that I have a midterm or test every week until the end of November. Its pretty upsetting. They should hardly be called midterms if there are 2 of them in the same class!

Today's midterms... one was really well... one was pretty bad. Its a very challenging course as Matt would say and the test was as hard as I was expecting. However it was expected to be hard and I had studied a lot. The problem is many of the questions seemed to be on tangents with regards to what was talked heavily about in class. And when you have no textbook and only the slides and the chicken scratch you manage to get down in class to study from it makes things difficult to remember all the tangents. The prof isn't exactly the easiest to understand either. Should be interesting to see what kind of mark I get.

Oh well time to get started on the next one... Informative presentation on Monday and Database midterm on Thursday.

In other news: Firefox v2.0 was released recently with some very nice upgrades. I personally love the spell checker that is preinstalled and the search box that uses googleSuggest. There are some nice little tricks and I'm still learning about them all. Patiently waiting for some creative themes and add ons. Thankfully my internet explorer tab and greasemonkey is still compatible.

3 comments:

Vince said...

Ya, I used to call the tests where there were 2 of them, "third-terms", instead of mid-terms, and when there were more than 2 tests for a course, then they were just tests.

I also found that starting from 3rd year, I would have about the first month free, and then for the next 2.5 months, I would have some sort of test, mid-term, third-term, or final exam every week. Add in quizzes, labs, assignments, and term projects, and I just had the time of my life!

Fortunately, I never have to write another test in my life :)

JL said...

Yeah you just have worry about that thesis defense. :P

Vince said...

Thesis defense is easy. It's just like giving a talk. No need to study b/c you know more about it than anyone else in the world anyways :p