Thursday, December 14

"Give someone a story" game....

So I had to make a trip to the Driver's License Office because ... well I needed a new one and a new picture. So after my exam I headed to the office, it was around 1 so it was pretty dead in there. As soon as I got to the counter and they had me started on the process, the woman behind the counter to the right of where I was says to the woman helping me.
"My neighbors smoke a lot of pot... it's all I can smell when I go outside"
To which I smirk a little bit, and then they proceed to have conversation about it...
"Oh you could just go outside and get high, thats great"
"Yeah, you can picture me outside sniffing the air" [acts it out]
"I saw these people on tv once using this thing with water and such... I'm going to get one of those for my neighbours for Christmas."
"You know with my condition now I can legally smoke pot..." "Yeah you could smoke pot but the stuff that the government gives out is pretty bad, just grow your own"
Keep in mind these are women probably in their 50's, so it was pretty funny to listen to. And then I have to get my picture taken and they are still going on while I'm standing in front of the
white background. I'm sure I'm almost laughing in my picture now. ...

It was very random. I got to thinking after, it could have been a legitimate conversation, OR these women are bored with their job and have invented a new game. The point is to give the innocent bystander a story to go home and blog... err... tell all their friends about. The more creative the better and if you can get the stranger to participate in the conversation there are bonus points.

1 comment:

Vince said...

If I ever worked in the service industry, I'd try and mess with the customers :p

If I ever become a prof, you probably wouldn't want to be my student (a)