Wednesday, December 27

Personal vs Family Vacations

Disclaimer: I'm having a great time here with my family. Please do not twist my words to say anything else.
I've noticed there is quite a difference between my personal vacations and my family vacations. And I'm not sure if its the same for everyone or not. When on a family vacation we all wake up relatively early and do an event every day. We make it a point to spend quality time and make every minute count. It's long tiring days and seemingly a lot of work. When you wake up in the morning you make yourself presentable and pleasant to be around. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this plan and it creates wonderful memories of the time we all spend together.

On the other hand... my personal vacations are much more relaxed. I wake up whenever I want... and some days I'll spend the whole day in my PJs. Reading a book or using the internets is just fine with me. I'm sure when I go to CA my days will be filled with movies and video games and thats just fine with me. Sure its things I could do at home, but its not the same cause theres always responsibilities when you are at home. Not thinking and not stressing is my personal vacation.

Both vacations are quite different and good in their own ways. I'm lucky enough to have a little bit of both over the Christmas holidays. Pictures will be posted of Florida when I get reliable internet and I'm not sure there will be many pictures of Cali.

No comments: