Monday, February 12

Anti-Valentine's Dinner Party

The theme wasn't my idea but I liked it and thought it would be fun. The basic ground rules were, no PDA and no sitting beside the person you came with. We also asked that people wear dark colors, no pink or other valentines day colors were allowed. We played sad emo music to add to the mood. But all in all I think everyone had fun.


I got to try my hand at making dinner for 10 people. What did I serve? It was quite a feast... we started with Caesar salad from Matt, It was very good. Then we had Beer Butt Chicken, that got drunk too fast and kept falling over in the oven. The second chicken cooked in similar style was made with white wine and a little lemon... absolutely delicious, I can't wait to try it on the BBQ sometime.For the people who don't like chicken, we had rotini pasta with a veggie and tomato sauce, with just a hint of the white wine in it. Also made fresh meatballs for on the side. The other sides included Mashed potatoes with a little garlic, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, swiss chalet sauce, garlic bread and orange Jello with pineapple in it. Everything was hot and on the table at 5:58... it was awesome.

We followed the dinner with tea, coffee and some light dessert. Nathan and Jaclyn brought some really good ice cream and Jen brought some two bite donuts and carrot cakes. It was a really nice touch. Including what went into the food we went through 3 bottles of white wine, 2 bottles of Wild Vines wine and 1 non-alcoholic wine. I was very excited to see that Eric who brought a bottle of wine even managed to match to the menu.

We capped the night off with new episodes of Simpson, Family Guy, King of the Hill and American Dad; It seemed very fitting considering the theme.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun dinner party
it could become a weekly event....rotating to everyones house ...Janna's turn in ten weeks

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time. Wish I coulda been there :( (Damn tumor...).

Still not sure if I'll be able to make it to Windsor over spring break, but I see you and Michelle won't be at Nathan's party anyway. I guess I'll see you in the spring, then.