Sunday, January 14

23!

It's hard to believe I'm 23 now. I saw a lot of family this weekend and have a pretty good birthday at home (even without my Bailey). There are others in my family who also have birthdays that we were celebrating this weekend... Uncle Wayne turned 50 and Uncle Mark turned 37. (Happy Birthday again) and I realize that I am still the young one in the family but I'm kinda feeling old. University is almost done and big decisions are coming up soon.

While talking to my Uncle Bill (yes I have lots of uncles), he offered a theory that life really begins at 20 and thats when you are slowing down and you start to really pay attention to the world around you. And this theory make a lot of sense, by the time you are 20 you have a pretty good grasps on parts of the world and you are quickly realizing how fast time has gone by. The first 20 you spend your life wanting things to hurry up... you want to just get older. Now... we sit around and think about the future and about the real world. We start thinking about things like "when our parents were our age they were {married, with child, with children...} and here we are..." Even 5 years is leaps and bounds now. Where I was 5 years ago at 18 is hugely different from now at 23... and I can only imagine where I will be at 28 and who I will be then.

The second half of the theory is now... we spend our time trying to slow time down and really enjoy every year as much as possible. Making events as memorable as possible, taking lots of pictures.... starting a blog...... joining social networks to keep tabs on people. yeah... so anyways. I'm very much looking forward to my party this coming weekend, at which I will take lots of pictures of all my friends and undoubtedly will blog the day after.

I still can't believe I'm already 23...

No comments: