Wednesday, January 3

New Years...

Another year. It's hard to believe it's 2007 now. Seems strange to think about the year 2000 being 7 years ago. Someone on the CS Forum asked "What does New Years mean to you?" and its a pretty interesting question and I think this year has changed my opinion on the issue. I used to think that what happed over new years and the first few days was a pretty good indicator of how your year is going to be. Of course... this was when I was having good new years celebrating with Sean or Friends and family. This year... I spent my new years alone stuck in limbo. It would make me very sad to think that thats how I might be spending my whole year. So I'm working on redefining my answer to the question. I think New Years is like a new beginning, It can give people a chance to start clean or change a behavior. Now I think its a good time to do that... I don't think its the only time that people can change. And I really don't think that people should wait till the new years starts to change.

At the same time... there are many people that purpose a change at this time of year that is too drastic. That even they know that they won't keep up with. If you want to change your life it takes many small steps and continual dedication.... if thats your new years resolutions then so be it but there are many people who think up their resolutions and never see them through.

Having said all that... I haven't decided on my resolution yet... I need to go back to the gym and I need to not take my laptop to my hard classes, I'd like to read more books and learn a new language, I need to stop biting my nails too. We'll see what I finally settle on.

No comments: