Wednesday, April 5

Its Official...

On a number of conditions....

Offer is conditional on... 1. My work Visa, 2. My background check, and 3. that I'm smart enough to get myself to Mountain View by 10 am on May 16th.

I received the final offer package this morning and completed the contract when I got home prepared everything and have it in an envelope ready to go tomorrow. I also sent, my only friend in California, Meghan, an email asking a few questions and saying that I have accepted the offer and that I will mail it back to her by Friday. And just recently recieved this response:

Hi Janna-Lynn,

Thank you so much for the email and congratulations! We really look forward to having you here this summer!
...
And the email went on. But it was great!

Secondly, I'm trying to get used to all this fame. But its all a little weird to me. I know its a big deal that I'm working for Google, but I didn't understand how big everyone else thinks it is. And maybe thats just from my prospective. Personally I'm trying not to make it that big of a deal, cause being star struck by the company is just going to make me more nervous my first day of work. I'm already considering the fact that I have the chance to be the youngest person working there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am finally moving into the twenty-first century. My first ever "blog". I didn't even know what a blog was until about three days ago. But it's kind of neat. YOU ARE famous to me! You're going pretty far away and doing something that you love to do, which should make you famous to yourself as well! SOOOOO proud of you! You'll fit in fine there and you're going to have so many adventures and meet so many new people. Should be fantastic! Can't wait to hear about all of the adventures. DQ date when you're home!
Love Jess

JL said...

Hey you figured it out!!!

Thanks so much. Many adventures should be posted here! so keep in touch!