Wednesday, September 6

WPA -> WEP -> WPA == SAD

Point 1:
A major selling point for me on the DS was that it could be played online with friends around the world. For example, Sean and Other interns who also have a DS. To play my Nintendo DS Online my wireless internet has to be encrypted in the less secure WEP. (note: I hear this is the same for the wii)

Point 2:
Michelle's computer has been Very slow and needed to be formatted and started again. So today Matt was able to spend some time doing that. And Wiped it clean right back to Windows XP Home (Pre SP2). So a) it needed 59 updates when it got back here and b) it was having difficulty getting online.

Because of point 1 and 2 I decided to change my wireless from WPA to WEP.. Fairly simple and Connected on all computers almost right away. Unfortunatly, it only lasted a few minutes on the laptops at any given time. Both would be kicked off randomly. Very sad. I was however able to play a quick round of marioKart DS with Brian online before I realized that being kicked off every few minutes really was very annoying. I'm sure people on msn were ready to kill me.

After about 4 hours of trying to fix it to get a solid connection I ended up going back to WPA just to be able to use the computer. I stopped trying about half an hour ago. Maybe tomorrow I'll try again, There are still some tricks left but I'm pretty tired right now.

School tomorrow ... I wish I could say I was excited... but I really haven't looked at my classes or got anything ready. Going to try and take the laptop ... see how that works for me. I'm betting I'm just going to be distracted anyways.

So I suppose I need a new name for the blog? At least for a while anyways. It might make more sense to start over on a new blog... but i'm fairly sure that the new blog would fail and I would just stop writing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not sure what wep->wpa.... all is about but I am sure you will get it all working with a little time. and you will learn a few good things!
when we chated yesterday I knew there where problems...
Have a good day at classes