Thursday, September 28

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The Good:
I've been re-elected! Now I have another year of all that work and committees and stress.... Why did I do this again? Thank you to everyone who voted and supported me! I'll do my best to make the school a better place!

The people elected:
1. Jacob Machina
2. Janna-Lynn Weber
3. Sameer Monsour
4. Shehbaz Khan
The Bad:
Finally went to the doctor about my sore knee. Its been bad since about March but I thought it might get better so I didn't do much about it... plus I was in the states where health care is expensive. Its worst than I thought it was. Apperently I have Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome. It was probably triggered by working out, caused my knee to become unbalanced one way or another. Which causes friction and swelling. Now when I bend my knee there is significant grinding and occational popping. (It's gross).

I'm on anti-inflammitories, I had xrays done. Also because right leg is so hurt, my left leg is over compensating and now is significantly stronger than my right leg. And Thus, I'm supposed to do physio. Thankfully the University Health plan covers 80% of the cost for a physiotherapist.

The Ugly:
aka - The really bad news...

A friend from my computer science classes, Blaine, has been in the hospital for about a week. He had two major surgeries on his back. Apperently there was a large tumour near his spine. Whatever is left after the second surgery will be hit with radiation. He's going back to Hamilton (i think) for rehab, and will likely get his entire semester refunded. I'm thinking about you Blaine. Good luck with everything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, i finally remembered to come check here again at a time when i was actually connected to the `net ;)

Congrats on getting elected again :)

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm doing well. And yes, its Hamilton I'll be xfering too eventually. I'll be blogging more about what happens, just as soon as stuff starts happening...

I hope your own recovery goes well. We can exchange excercises when I get back :P