Saturday, June 24

Finally Going to Start paying for Internet.

Boo...

I'm currently hanging out at Panera cause the internet actually works here. The internet I have been mooching for the past month and half has (I think) finally got wise, I haven't been able to connect to it for the past 3 days. So next wednesday Comcast is coming out to hook me up. The best part: When you place an order online they connect you to a support person in a live chat to set everything up properly and arrange a installation time, one way or another I found out that the live chat is based in Winnipeg. Apperently most of Comcast support is outsourced in Canada.

I got a decent price for internet for the next 3 months, then when it goes back to full price... BAM... I'm gone back to Canada.

Thursday, Google took all their Engineers and Engineer Ops (like me) to the Beach. Team Building exercise you know. I was totally expecting a beach... kinda like Grand Bend. but. The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is nothing like Grand Bend. First of all ... it has Rollarcoasters and cotton candy and surfers and about a dozen pro volleyball courts and free beer (from Google). More pictures will follow. If anyone has ever seen the cartoon "The Weekenders" I think this is the beach they always visit.

Also... They tried to sell me a "Deep Fried Twinkie"

Free beer... Since starting my work here I've never been more tempted to start drinking beer. It's offered quite frequently and is very social at work to have one with friends. Everyone told me when I went to University I would want to start drinking beer .... but no... only when I started to work for google.

Weekend happenings: http://www.sfpride.org/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!! GO WINNIPEG!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yep. Canada rocks. :)